Click HERE for the official press release.
Finally managed to get time to talk about this! On 5th March, I had an incredible opportunity to be part of a thought-provoking #InternationalWomensDay event – Cultivating Black Women for Social Change – conceptualised by Palma Black, Founder and Director of Soul Purpose 360 CIC.
I was so honoured when Palma reached out to me to be her Social Media & Campaign Manager and offer my support in giving Black women a platform to explore opportunities and prepare them to #BreakTheBias in schools, in the workplace and in their communities.
This much-needed project positively impacted over 100 women, who attended the event at Croydon Town Hall, and equipped them with knowledge and confidence to become changemakers.
This impactful event featured exemplary women who are leaders in their field such as Hamida Ali, the first woman of colour to become Council Leader of the Borough of Croydon and Charlene Greenaway, a single mother from a council estate who’s a Regional Director at an international company, Capita Plc. This event also featured notable speakers and workshops facilitated by extraordinary women:
– Hamida Ali, Leader of Croydon Council
– Patricia Wharton FRSA, Founder & Director Kojo Baiden Omnipresent (Host)
– Rossana Leal, Director of The Refugee Buddy Project
– Marcia Brock, Founder of Smart Kid & Smart World
– Nureen Glaves, CEO of Feed Me Good CIC
– Charlene Greenaway, Regional Director and Client Partner at Capita Plc
– Florence Eshalomi, Labour and Co-operative MP for Vauxhall
– Francine Daley, Director of 360 Lifestyle Support Network
– Lekia Lée, Founder of Project Embrace
– Donna Murray-Turner, Director of Another Night of Sisterhood – Palma Black, Founder and Director of Soul Purpose 360 CIC
– How to be a School Governor by Sharon Warmington, CEO of National Black Governors Network
– Becoming a Councillor – Why & How by Uzma Rasool, CEO of Vocal Communities
– Vibrant Voices of the Voluntary and Community Sector by Kristine Wellington, CEO of CVS Brent
– Finding Your Soul Purpose by Akeila Browne, Life & Mindset Coach
– Becoming a Magistrate by Dawn J Gibbons, Deputy Chair of the The Magistrates Association’s BAME Network
– How to Have Challenging Conversations with Young People by Doreen Sinclair-McCollin B.Ed (Hons), NPQH, NLP Dip, CEO of Elevated Minds CIC
– From Passion to Project by Bayo Adelaja, Founder and CEO of Do it Now Now
Thank you, Palma, from the bottom of my heart for the opportunity! Thank you for encouraging me to embrace my true self, inspiring me to ‘step into my power’ and for giving me the creative freedom to contribute to the success of the event. I look forward to being your Campaign/Social Media Manager in the near future!
If you need a social media and campaign manager to promote your business or event, get in touch today.
– To find out more about Soul Purpose CIC, click HERE.
– Photo credits to Adrianne Miller-McKenzie from www.onyxgold.co.uk
– Click HERE for the official press release